Sunday, August 10, 2008

The Weirdness of Being Me

Is this weird? I admittedly have a lot of odd quirks, but my husband finds this to be among one of my strangest. I have an obsession with the proper beverage temperature. I can never just put ice in water, or ice in tea and begin drinking it. There has to be a certain ratio of ice to water in order to get the beverage to the temperature desired and then it must sit for a certain amount of time until all portions of the beverage are at an equal temperature. I have it down to a science. I hate when the ice melts before the drink is gone; the drink will never reach optimum temperature if that happens. It has come to such a point that I have a hard time drinking whatever it is if there isn’t the right amount of ice and the drink hasn’t reached optimum temperature. This usually occurs when someone other than me is getting my drink. You can be honest. Do you think this is weird?

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Gotta say -- that's a little odd!! I drink water from my water bottle with LOTS of ice and water from the fridge. When it gets room temp I can't drink it anymore. My husband on the other hand takes it with no ice - but from the fridge.

Moxymama said...

Yeah, if water or any drink gets room temperature I totally need new water. I admit my obsession with this is a little strange.