Sunday, August 24, 2008

Grandma Turns 80

This week my grandma will celebrate her 80th birthday. Hard to believe. My parents told her they were taking her out to brunch today at a fancy country club here in town, but didn't tell her that her other son, 3 of her 4 grandchildren (the 4th is a lawyer on the other side of the country and couldn't get away) and their spouses, great-grandchildren, and her friends were invited too. When she got there and saw everyone else she was very pleasantly surprised.

The brunch was incredible. I've never seen so much delicious food in one place and the dessert table was nirvana (chocolate fountain included). I stuffed myself on shrimp, salmon, crab legs, fresh fruit, a variety of salads, and of course dessert. For more hearty eaters there was roast beef, chicken dishes, beef dishes, an omelet bar, french toast, waffles, bacon, sausage, eggs benedict, and the list goes on. Like I said, it was incredible. I could write an entire post on the pleasant dining experience, alone.

You could tell my grandma was very touched to have everyone there and had a great time showing off her 6 great-grandchildren to her friends. Our two kids had a blast and made sure to give "old" grandma lots of love and attention. My son even decided to give all her friends hugs and kisses too on the way out.

All in all, it was a good day and a nice celebration of my grandma's time on this earth.

3 comments:

Trippy Hippy said...

Sounds like you all had a fabulous time. Congrats to your grandma! That is nice that you were all able to get together to celebrate her.

Nancy said...

Happy Birthday to your Grandma! Yikes - my father is older than your grandmother!

Gypsy Gal said...

What a great day for grandma. How nice that most of you could get together. Congrat, Grandma!