Thursday, August 7, 2008

Cancellation City, Baby

I apparently have incredibly poor taste when it comes to the television shows I view. In the past few years it seems quite a few of the shows I really get into and enjoy end up being cancelled after one or two season, some after only a few episodes.

I can be objective and for some of the shows I understand why they were cancelled. I can tell that the plot wasn't going anywhere, that they've exhausted a story line, they've set the show up in such a way where there is not a lot of options, or whatever. However, other shows I really am dumbfounded as to why it was cancelled. It makes me want to quit watching new shows because they all end up cancelled. Can I really have that bad of taste? (In my defense there are plenty of other shows I watch that have been on for years. So, I guess I'm not entirely tasteless).

So, I've compiled a list off the top of my head of the shows that I have watched that have recently been cancelled. I'm sure if I really thought about it i could add some more to my list.

The Nine
Windfall
Traveller
October Road
Women's Murder Club
Big Shots
Cashmere Mafia
Men in Trees
Shark
Dirt
Canterbury's Law
Notes from the Underbelly
Love Monkey
The Class

What do you think? Were you a fan of any of those shows?

1 comment:

Gena B. said...

I must have really poor taste then too because I watched a lot of those same shows and was disappointed too when they were axed.