Sunday, August 3, 2008

Thankful

As humans it is in our DNA to complain a lot. When things don’t go our way or misfortune befalls us it is easy to wallow in self-pity. We forget a lot of the blessings we are fortunate to have. I complain about the stress of my day, not having as much money as I would like, the hassle of trying to do anything productive during the day with two little kids, the hours my husband works, the self-centeredness of others…and this is just the tip of the iceberg. In doing so I forget how blessed I am.

I am fortunate in that I get to stay home with my children while they are young, that there is enough money to provide food and shelter among other necessities and some luxuries too. I am blessed to have two remarkable and healthy children who bring me such happiness. I am lucky to have a husband who works hard so that I can stay home and while there will always be assholes among us I am very blessed to have great friends and a loving family. Often times in our day to day bitch fest we forget to be thankful for all that is good in our lives. If we stop to look I think most of us would find that the good certainly outweighs the bad.

No comments: