Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Weekly Recap

My husband had a huge sales event this past week which meant he worked everyday from 8 am until 10 pm or 11 pm Monday through Saturday. What that means for our family is that our children maybe see him for a few minutes in the morning before he dashes off and they are fast asleep by the time he gets home.

This is the third year I have lived through this event and to be honest I was expecting a horrible week. I was expecting grouchy kids compounded by a tired and overworked mommy. The week turned out to be quite pleasant instead. Our daughter was fantastic. She was well-behaved all week, great with her brother, and a huge help to me. She was patient even though her brother required a bit more attention than usual, which meant a bit less for her somedays. Our son, while super clingy and a bit whiny, did pretty well overall. I think he missed his daddy and the change of routine threw him off a little.

We had a great time running errands, reading books, visiting museums, a few extra trips to see grandparents, and just "lazy days" at home. While it was exhausting for me it really could not have gone better under the circumstances. It was nice to have all that time with the kids....not that I don't have all that time anyway, but it felt different this week.

It will be great to have my husband home tomorrow before he begins another gruelling week (hopefully with less hours though). I'll be thankful to have him around and I know the kids will be excited to have his attention since they've had so little of it these past six days.

All in all, things were good. Husband was very successful over the week, the kids were fun and well-behaved, and I survived another year of these crazy sales weeks.

3 comments:

Gypsy Gal said...

Nice to see a supportive spouse. It is nice not to hear, "Oh, poor me. I had to take care of the kids all by myself for a week." Well done, moxymama!

Gena B. said...

Your husband is a lucky guy. You held down the fort well while he was out at work. It's hard when you have to do everything alone for an extended period of time, but it sounds like you did a great job and your kids had a fun week, despite daddy's absence.

Trippy Hippy said...

Congrats on surviving the week. Sounds like you did a wonderful job. Your kids are lucky to have a mom like you!