Friday, August 1, 2008

Mommy Needs a Break

Ever get that feeling like you are a prisoner in your own home? You can’t shower without one or both children constantly opening the curtain to see if you are done yet. You can’t pee or take a dump without an audience. You can’t take 10 minutes to check your email without nursing one child or answering a barrage of questions from the other. You can’t walk out of the room without one or both children bursting into tears and chasing after you. You sure as hell can’t sleep through the night without at least one child constantly trying to sneak back into your bed or the other demanding to suckle from my teat all damn night. I know I am not alone in this. All I want is for 30 minutes a day that are mine, all mine. I don’t have to read to them, get food or drink for them, answer their questions, or even just look at them. Just 30 minutes where I can sit in the room alone and stare if I want. Thirty minutes to play on the internet, read a book, watch TV, or take a freaking shower in peace for heaven’s sake. I am with my children from the moment they wake up every single morning until the moment they go to bed, which is a battle every night as I swear I am being punished for never sleeping for my mother, because neither child sleeps….EVER!!! I feel exhausted. Just utterly drained. They are sucking the life right out of me. I love their sweet little cherub faces to death and would not trade them for all the riches in the world, but would a break for mommy kill them? Apparently yes.

1 comment:

Gena B. said...

Can;'t you hide from them? Haha!