Monday, August 25, 2008

Day Trip To the Mountains

Two women from church whom I’ve recently become friends with were taking their children to the mountains for the day (we live about an hour or so away) and invited me and my two little ones to come along. We spent the afternoon just relaxing and enjoying one another’s company. We had lunch when we got to the top, and then spent the next 3 hours tooling around. The kids played in a few streams, hiked some trails, climbed on some huge rocks, and ate some delicious fudge from a great local shop. It was nice to be outside in cooler weather than our normal heat-stroke inducting temperatures.

As I watched my kids play and laugh it occurred to me how wonderful things have been lately and I want to hold onto that and cherish it. (See upcoming post) We packed up before it got dark and headed back to town in time to grab a quick dinner. While it was really relaxing I am now exhausted and just want to crawl into bed.

2 comments:

Gena B. said...

Sounds fun. We take many day trips. Easier than elaborate vacations.

Gypsy Gal said...

Sounds like a wonderful time. Great for kids to be outside in the fesh air.