Sunday, August 24, 2008

Baby Zuma

I'm all for baby names that are a little different and unique. Our kids have names that you won't find on the top 100. They aren't weird names that will get them ridiculed when they are in school but there also won't be ten other kids with their names. I'm going to venture to say that there might not even be one other kid with their name.

That being said, what is up with celebrities and their baby names? It seems like if you are part of Hollywood these days you are obligated to give your baby the craziest name you can think of. Case in point? Zuma Nesta Rock Rossdale, the newest member of the Gavin Rossdale/Gwen Stefani family. Are you kidding me? It sounds like some celestial formation or ancient Indian tribe. That poor kid is going to have to carry this name for life and there will be no shortage of jokes when he gets to school.

2 comments:

Gena B. said...

i found this name a bit unfortunate myself. poor kid.

Trippy Hippy said...

Our kids have some very different names, so I guess to each his own. I do think Zuma is a little out there. Even for us.