Wednesday, August 13, 2008

Dear Local Gym, You Suck!

Dear Local Gym, You Suck,

Yep, yep you do. You’ve sucked for a while and I keep putting up with it for the sake of my fitness and overall goal of weight loss, but you are really starting to piss me off. I’m sick of you changing the schedules of when certain facilities are available yet not telling your members until after the fact. Do you know what a hassle it is to load up two kids, drive to the gym, unload them only then to find out the that facility I came to use is unavailable? Apparently not or you’d quit doing it.

It would also be helpful it you were to employ such people that weren’t socially deficient and incapable of doing any more than merely scanning a membership card. It would be helpful it they were able to offer solutions to issues I as a member have or at least direct me to the appropriate person to discuss my complaints with. It seems like it must be some type of pre-requisite that in order to work for your gym you have to maintain a certain level of incompetence and social ineptness.

Unfortunately you are the closest gym and one of the few to provide childcare and it is for those reasons alone that I continue to work out at your facility. However, my days may be numbered as I am getting sick of paying money every month yet the services I’m supposed to receive and the facilities I am supposed to be able to use continue to decrease. So to sum up my frustration…YOU SUCK and I HATE YOU!

3 comments:

Nancy said...

The only gym I ever went to was Gloria Stevens Figure Salons in the 80s. They had the BEST aerobics classes. Alas they disappeared and I have since always worked out at home. 5AM in the living room with The Firm while hubby and baby slept. Now I am in my basement in a probably 6 foot by 6 foot space where even at 4'10" I have to be carefully how high I fling my arms or I'll hit steam heat pipes! But it's MY gym and I don't have to share it with anyone (or be dicked around by anyone else's schedule!). I hope you find a solution to your problem!

Moxymama said...

Thanks! I used to work out at home to videos but I have a hard time staying motivated that way. I really need a make myself go somewhere. I like going from the fitness standpoint, but I agree that it sucks to be "dicked around by someone else's schedule"

jodifur said...

Hmm, I wonder if it's the same gym I just left and went to another one.