Saturday, August 23, 2008

Migraines

I suffer from horrible migraines that have been virtually untreated for four years now because when pregnant or breastfeeding you cannot take any of the triptan medication usually prescribed. So, basically I have just had to suck it up and suffer quietly. I have tried physical therapy, accupuncture, caffeine, ib profen, tylenol with codeine, vicodin, percocet, etc. but nothing has worked.

A friend who also suffers from migraines told me that she started seeing a chiropractor for her migraines and so far it is working. So, the plan is to find out if my insurance will cover it and start going if so. I'm desperate. I'm willing to try anything in the hopes of getting some relief (as long as it is legal).

Anyone have any suggestions?

1 comment:

Trippy Hippy said...

I tried quite a few things as well and nothing has really helped. Accupuncture worked for a while as did seeing a chiropractor, but not long term. I hope you have better luck.