Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Fridge on the Fritz

Well, I was making fruit and yogurt popsicles for the kids this afternoon. It usually takes about 4 hours to harden so after dinner I went to get them out. They were still liquid. I started looking around in the freezer and almost everything had defrosted. Then I checked out the fridge and it too was not very cool. I noticed it too late to call anyone about it, so we made room in the outside freezer for some of the salvagable frozen food from inside and bought dry ice to try to regulate the temperature in the fridge to get us through until tomorrow.

So, who knows what is wrong with it. We don't have great luck with appliances. It is usually something major and expensive that needs to be done. We go all out when we break appliances. Nothing half-assed here. I'm guessing we'll be buying a new fridge/freezer in the next few days. (Although, I'm keeping my fingers crossed it is something that can easily be fixed) The worst part about this is I just spent $350 in groceries yesterday. I'm hoping to not have to pitch them.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

I HATE when appliances go bad! I hope it's nothing major and they can repair your fridge!

Gypsy Gal said...

Appliances are a necessary evil, I suppose. Expensive all the way around.