Tuesday, August 5, 2008

No Rest For the Mama

My daughter gave up naps months ago. Not that you could really call her 20 minutes of sleep a true nap. Regardless, it was nice to get a little break. Truly she probably could still use a nap but it becomes a decision of whether I want to force her to take a nap and risk having her stay up later at night or let her stay up during the day, even though she might be pretty grumpy in the late afternoon, so I can then put her to bed early.

Today I was exhausted. I was literally falling asleep as I was playing with the kids. A car ride around 1 pm is a sure thing in getting my daughter to fall asleep (usually something we avoid). Today I loaded the kids in the car and ran a quick errand and sure enough daughter was sacked out. I came home, carried her to her bed, and then thought I'd nurse son, he'd fall asleep and I'd have a nice little nap. No such luck. Son would not go to sleep. Little stinker stayed up the entire day today. Wouldn't you know that daughter ended up napping for 1 1/2 hours. Argh!

No comments: