Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Tori and Dean

I religiously watch the reality show "Tori and Dean". (The slutty, husband-leaving Tori Spelling and her man-whore of a cheating husband who left his wife for her, Dean McDermott) Of this I am ashamed! To be perfectly honest, listening to them really makes me cringe. They are two of the stupidest people I have ever observed on television. Plus, I really find it odd and bothersome that Tori spends more time with her stupid dog than she does her son. She takes the dog to the beach, pushes it in a stroller, takes it shopping, etc...even carried it down the red carpet. Her son is nowhere to be seen during these outings. He makes the rare cameo when they are at home, which is rare. It's as if he doesn't exist for the majority of the day.

Something about them though is strangely addicting. I can't explain it in any way that will make any sense. It is a guilty pleasure of mine. It is comical that Tori earnestly tries to convince us she is just like everybody else while whining about things only people with LOADS of money would complain about....like a house that is millions of dollars out of their price range. I've got an idea. Buy a 300K house like the rest of us "common folk". I don't begrudge her wealth or fame. More power to her. But don't try to act like she is just another mom. She has loads of hired help, personal assistants, etc. While most of us are struggling to stay afloat her biggest concern is if Dean remembered to pack the dog's bikini. While we are juggling jobs, families, our children, our lives with little to no help and certainly not permanent or hired help she is complaining how hard it is to raise her child and attend all of her social events. Please!

I could go on, but I feel like I'm wasting brain cells thinking about the events in the show. Bottom line, I've outted myself. Shamefully I admit to watching and on some level, liking, the show. SHHH! Don't tell anyone!

No comments: