Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Gavin Rossdale: Wunderlust

Admittedly I was never a big Bush fan, but I did like a few of their songs. More really than their music I was a fan of Rossdale's voise. So, when I heard he came out with a solo CD I debated on whether I wanted to check it out. I went ahead and bought it. Upon first listen I was undecided. I really like track number 7, "Love Remains the Same", which is what was played on radio stations. My 3 year old is really into the song and when we get into the car asks to listen to "Gavin".

After many listens now over the course of the last week or so I have decided it's a good overall CD. If you are a huge Bush fan and looking for something that sounds like Bush you will be disappointed. It doesn't have the hard rocking edge that most Bush songs possess. There are a few that come close. This CD in a lot of ways reminds me of an Eddie Vedder CD. I'm a fan of Vedder, so that to me is a good thing.

Anyway, if you are looking for a solid CD with some good songs I'd recommend checking "Wunderlust" out. In a lot of ways I like Rossdale as a solo artist better than I did with him as frontman for Bush.

If you check it out, let me know what you think.

No comments: