Friday, July 18, 2008

Thoughts

*Son loves baths. He’d live in the bathtub. Likewise, Daughter loves the swimming pool. She’d live there if we’d allow her to.

*Son does this new dance when he marches in place and spins waving his arms. It is hysterical. Looks like one of the Spanish guys that holds the flag and taunts the bull.

*I told my hubby the other day that I sort of, kinda like the name Angus. He says, "As in a burger or steak?" I said, "Yeah, I guess." He just shook his head and walked away. I guess that is a no. For the record it is highly unlikely that I’d ever name my son that, but for some reason it is intriguing to me.(Stop laughing)

*I am convinced that my husband intentionally does things half-assed in the hopes that I will then just takeover the few duties that he has. Not gonna happen, mister. For example, son rubbed vaseline all over his hair today. Hubby gave son bath and did not make sure to get all vaseline out. His head is completely greasy and disgusting. I told hubby he’d need to redo it. His response, "Well, aren’t you going to help me?" Nope. I would have gotten it all out the first time, my dear. So, he is currently trying to hold our son’s head under the sink faucet to scrub it out. I would have just put him back in the bath. Would have been much easier.

*I’m disillusioned with politics. Those of you who read this blog know that I am not a Democrat or Republican. However I STRONGLY feel that the only way our country has any chance of improving things like education, heath care, and our economy is to not elect another Republican to the White House. That’s the bottom line.

*My roommate my freshman year in college was a friend and teammate of mine. Very quickly we discovered that we probably should not have chosen to live together. One of our biggest issues was her use of a floor fan. She said she needed it to sleep, but it was so loud it kept me up all night. We fought about it daily and it got to the point where we’d lock each other out of the dorm room. Our coach finally had to mediate and we came up with a schedule. She’d get a night where she could keep the fan on high, the next night I could choose to keep it off or turn it on low. We started referring to it as "High Nights" and "Low Nights". We eventually started fighting about which nights were which as we’d lose track or she’d think one wouldn’t count because she missed her night while sleeping at a boyfriends house. This situation was very distressing at the time. Looking back now it is pretty hysterical.

No comments: