Monday, July 28, 2008

HIT LIST: CVS and WALMART

I realize this may sound extreme, but I assure you there is no need to panic. I can honestly say that I completely understand how people get so frustrated with a lack of service and the general stupidity of our population that they lose all self-control and show up with an AK47. It is for that reason, my ability to empathize with them, that I will never own a gun. (For the record, I wouldn't actually kill anyone; just shoot a few rounds into the shelves for effect).

The target of my disdain is pharmacies and the idiots employed by them. Specifically Walgreen’s and CVS. I spent 5 hours today driving all over this city in an attempt to fill my prescription. I did this toting around two young children in 100 + degree weather. Every place I went did not have the medication. Most offered to order it, but could not guarantee I’d get it before Wednesday or Thursday. My first attempt was at Walgreen’s. I dropped it off at 11 am and asked if it would be ready by noon. They assured me that it would be. I returned at 1:03 PM at which point I was told that they did not have the medication in stock. I asked why I wasn’t informed of this two hours ago when I dropped it off to which the bumbling moron had no reply. He offered to call around, which I accepted. We waited 35 minutes in the drive-thru and no one returned to update us. I parked, stormed into Walgreen’s, demanded my prescription back, blasted the pharmacist and pharmacy tech and then kicked a bottle of vitamins that had been on the floor on my way out. I am certain that I would not be welcomed back to that location.

My second attempt was Bashas, which told me that from the get-go they did not have it in stock, which was fine. I understand if they are out of something. It would be helpful to be told that sooner rather than later. Five hours later, my last attempt was at CVS. They informed me that they didn’t have it in stock and couldn’t order it for me anyway as my doctor didn’t specify whether or not he wanted me to have the Jr. (chewable) type, regular pills, or a smaller version of the pill for seniors. Apparently, because he did not write that out they refused to fill the prescription. It would stand to reason that because I am not a child or a senior that common sense would dictate he meant the standard pill. I suppose common sense is not a pre-requisite to becoming a pharmacist. I have attempted to fill prescriptions three times at CVS in the past year. All three times there has been some type of issue. My patience with them is very thin. They seem to have some of the stupidest employees on the planet, second only to Wal-Mart.

As it stands right now, I still have not been able to fill my prescription so I will spend another night being miserable and wait to call my doctor in the morning. I refuse to spend the rest of my night driving around attempting to hit the three remaining pharmacies I have not yet tried.

2 comments:

jodifur said...

CVS has the worst customer service in the world.

Gena B. said...

I agree that CVS has horrible customer service!