Monday, July 21, 2008

My Ob/Gyn Confession

I am certain that I have made mention of how much I adore my ob/gyn. I don't know if words can adequately express my adoration for him. There are not many women who look forward to their annual exam, but I am one of them, primarily because of him. Now this is not some sick, sexual fantasy or anything like that. He is just a genuinely nice guy, who is attentive and compassionate and funny. Today was the day for my annual. My husband has been making fun of me because I have been excited for a week now. I actually get nostalgic driving by his office because I think about how often I got to go and visit when I was pregnant...a lot of that nostalgia has to do with the obvious excitement of being pregnant and all that that entails.
Anyway, we were discussing different birth control options and he asked if we planned to have another child. I said that we were not sure, but if we did it would be at least another 1-2 years. I don't know what made me say this...a momentary episode of tourettes, I suppose, but I followed that by saying, "Because I have to be able to come and see you of course." He totally blushed. Then he inspected my vagina.

No comments: