Saturday, July 12, 2008

Haven of Germs

Ever since I started going to the gym regularly in April and leaving my kids in the child watch, they have caught every illness known to man. It is really getting frustrating. It appears that I am one of the few who actually obeys the "Don't bring sick kids" rule. The current victim is my daughter. She's had a 103 degree fever for 3 1/2 days (and this is with round the clock tylenol), a horrible cough that would put seals to shame and the typical runny nose, congestion, watery eyes etc that usually accompanies this type of virus. Not to mention the constant forced crying because she is miserable and frustrated. (Doesn't make it any less annoying)

This illness comes just in time for a family reunion that kicks off Sunday. Then this morning my son woke up with a fever and I woke up congested with a sore throat. Great! When it rains it pours. I'm just praying that the recovery is quick so the entire week won't be ruined.

No comments: