Friday, July 25, 2008

Quick Hits

* My son gets his feelings hurt so easily. It is heartbreaking. Fortunately he recovers quickly.
* My daughter displays greater logic and an uncanny ability to reason better than many adults I know.
* I wish older women and men would age gracefully. Some have so much cosmetic work done in an attempt to hold onto their youth they end up looking plastic and worse than they did before. Sometimes less really is more.
* That being said, when my boobs are done being working boobs and are no longer sustenance for my son or any future children I would love for a doctor to make them smaller and put them back to where they used to be.
* I am 25 lbs. lighter than I was 3 months ago. I still have a ways to go until I hit my target weight but I am proud of myself for the hard work I have done and for sticking with it this time.
* I hate the saying, "It takes a village to raise a child." NO, it takes parents who are willing to work hard and make sacrifices and not try to pawn their children off on everyone else.
* I am reading a book and in it this man is conversing with Jesus and Jesus says, "I'm not a Christian." Interesting if you really take the time to think about that. Makes sense once you do.
* My daughter is having a rough day today in the sense that she needs a lot of reassurance. Wondering what brought this on...If reassurance and comfort is what she needs then that is what she'll get.
* Had a terrific time at the Children's Museum today. Both kids had a blast and I walked out with the year long membership.

No comments: