Friday, July 18, 2008

Victim Number Three, That's Me

I do not know for sure but I am fairly certain that my family has single handedly kept Urgent Care in business. In the past five days we have spent 355 big ones between Urgent Care, doctor’s visits, and pharmacy purchases. Talk about an unexpected expense. Daughter and Son are still very sick and not getting much better at all. I now am the latest victim. I haven’t felt well for a while. Then there was the whole bout of laryngitis. On Wednesday night I began feeling pretty bad (sore throat, earache, pretty congested, painful and unproductive cough) and by Thursday morning my ear was killing and I could barely swallow. I also woke up with my eyes swollen and completely matted shut with greenish goop and stinging like hell. By that night the pain in my ear was so excruciating it hurt to move, talk, swallow, essentially even just exist. At 6:30 PM I finally went to Urgent Care. An hour later and more miserable than I’ve been in a long time, I left armed with four prescriptions to treat a severe ear infection, sinus infection, bronchitis, strep throat, and pink eye. I really just wanted to curl up and die. I went home and crawled into bed and slept for 30 solid minutes (anyone with sick kids knows this is a lot)before both kids started waking up because they too are miserable.

No comments: