Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Letter to My Sweet, Sensitive Son

To My Handsome Little Boy,
You overflow with love and joy. I’ve never seen a happier baby or a more good-natured soul. I love when you throw your arms around my neck and give me kisses. Or when you "peck off" my nose but practically claw my face off. For such a big, strapping, manly boy you are so sensitive and tender hearted. It is one of the characteristics I love the most about you. Your personality is constantly emerging and it is so exciting to watch to see the type of little kid you are becoming. For being so young you are incredibly intuitive. You pick up on the feelings and moods of your parents and sister. That empathy will serve you well. You are smart as a whip too. You pick up on things incredibly quickly and while you have a limited vocabulary you understand the majority of what is asked or told of you. You are such a cuddle bug and I love nothing more than just lying with you snuggling and jabbering away. One can’t help but be in a good mood around you. I often wondered when I was pregnant with you how I could love another child as much as I love your sister. When you were born my love grew exponentially. I will always love you. I am proud of the little boy you are and the one you are becoming and look forward to see the man you will one day be.

You have the chubbiest little cheeks that I love to nibble on. You have the most angelic looking face with your big blue eyes and (reluctant to admit this) red-blonde curls. Your smile takes up your entire face and it is contagious. You are the cutest boy I’ve ever laid my eyes on.

My sweet handsome boy, you bring such overwhelming joy to our lives it is hard to imagine a time without you in them. I love you dearly and love being your mommy.

1 comment:

Gena B. said...

Ah! What a sweet letter.