Friday, July 11, 2008

Sad Realizations

Recently I have come to some sad realizations:

1. I’m a lightweight. I went to pick up sushi for my family, brother, and his girlfriend. While waiting I ordered a beer, ONE BEER. I almost had to call my hubby to come get me. It hit me like a ton of bricks. I was so buzzed; dizzy, numb, and spinning buzzed. "So what", you might say. Back in my wilder college years, I could drink anyone under the table.
2. My children have morphed into such little people. They no longer look or really act like babies. While I love who they are becoming it is bittersweet, as I have to come to terms with the fact they are growing up.
3. My children will probably never know my husband’s parents. I have mixed feelings about this, but it is how they have decided it to be. On one hand I’d like to keep them away from the crazy bitch that is hubby’s mom, but on the other it is sad that they have this other set of grandparents that has ultimately rejected them.
4. I will forever be pasty white. I know that being Irish pretty much ensures that. I’m not talking about having a little Irish in me. I’m talking we are direct descendents of those who came over on the Mayflower. So, I accept this, but a little color would be nice once in a while. How will others know if I am dead or sleeping?
5. I will never be a rock star. I love to sing and play guitar. Unfortunately, I am not all that spectacular at either, which pretty much kills that dream.

No comments: