Thursday, July 10, 2008

Touch of Grey

Lately I’ve just had this overwhelming feeling of blah. Now I know that is not the technical term, but I really don’t know how to describe it. A bit melancholy? A little down? A touch of the blues? I’m not depressed or overwhelmingly sad, but there is this feeling I just can’t shake. It seems like I am almost not really existing in my own skin. Like I’m walking on eggshells around everyone for no real good reason. A sense that anything I had or thought I had is slipping away yet I could not tell you why. I know this is probably not making much sense. It doesn’t make much sense to me. Everything seems so fleeting, so temporary. Here one minute, gone the next. Solid one second, flimsy the next. Loyal then betrayed. I can’t clearly articulate what it is I am trying to communicate. Things, relationships, etc. seem to be evolving at a record pace. I yearn for the days of stagnation. I can hardly keep up. It is just too much work sometimes; too overwhelming. Clearly I may be losing my mind.

2 comments:

Gena B. said...

I get this feeling every couple of months. If you figure out what it is, let me know. I have no idea.

Moxymama said...

Maybe just the reality of growing older and things changing.