Monday, July 28, 2008

Weekend

This weekend seemed really full and busy but I guess it really wasn’t more so than any other. I think the fact that I still feel like crap plays a part in that feeling. Daughter seemed to struggle a little bit. She wasn’t bad or anything, but just more sensitive than usual (I didn’t think that was possible) and more needy. I am not really sure what is going on, but it was a little more trying and exhausting as a result.

Saturday I went to the gym and left the kids in the child watch. They love it as they have made some friends and the usual week day staff is really great with them. They always make a big deal about our kids’ presence, especially Son’s. The weekend staff isn’t my favorite (I may post about it another time), but they were okay. As mentioned previously, I spendtthe remainder of the day taking care of Son who I am pretty sure had a concussion after two pretty significant falls on his head.

Sunday, hubby and I cleaned out our garage. One entire side has been filled with boxes and furniture for a year now (we had our house up for sale but recently took it down). So we had to decide what to keep, what to donate, what to toss, and what to try to sell at a yard sale we plan to have next weekend. It didn't take too long as I already had a pretty good idea of what I wanted to get rid of. We are getting rid of 98 percent of our baby stuff and pretty much all baby clothing. I’m not sure what this means. Part of me thinks it’s my subconscious letting me know I am done having kids. The other part thinks I just don’t want to have to store it for the next 2-3 years, which would be the amount of time before we decide to have another kid. Anyway, we then transported it all down to my grandmother’s. We make a killing at her house because she lives in an area close to the freeway so people from Mexico always come and load up their trucks full of stuff. We live in a pretty "white" neighborhood and yard sales just really don’t seem to be "the thing." The last two times we had one at her house we made no less than $500 each time. Not a bad three hours.

Son was still a little under the weather. On top of the head injury he has been teething forever. His molars are still rupturing through and in addition I discovered all four canine teeth are also popping through. So, with eight teeth making their way into this world, the poor guy must be miserable. By Sunday afternoon Daughter was complaining of pain in both of her feet. So much so that she didn’t walk the rest of the day. I don’t know what could have happened. There is no visible injury. It was painful enough to keep her up most of the night. This morning she is still complaining, but is able to walk. So, I guess I’ll wait it out. I then spent an hour at the doctor’s since I am just not getting better. Long story, but I will be on another round of medication for the next 2 weeks. If that doesn’t improve my condition I will be sent for a CT scan to see if I have polyps in my nose or throat or if I have a constant bacterial or sinus problem. Fun times let me tell you.

Now that I have realized I am rambling I will sign off. How was your weekend? Do anything fun or exciting?

No comments: