Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Trip to the Museum

I took the kids to our local Wildlife Museum this morning. We haven't been in close to a year, so it's really the first time our son has gone that he was aware of. We had a great time!

My daughter is so inquisitive and wanted to know all about each animal and where it lived and what it ate. After reading about every display I am certain that I could land a gig as a docent. I'd insist on wearing one of those super cool vests. Son was so excited about the enormity of the animals and the fact that he could touch most I thought he was literally going to explode. He stood there marching in place, spinning in circles, shrieking he was so excited. He went from room to room shouting, "Mama, that!" and pointing at each display.

It was a good day to get away from all the other issues going on and spend time with my kids having fun. They really do view the world through different eyes and it is nice to be reminded of that and glimpse portions of our world through their eyes.

1 comment:

Gena B. said...

Sounds like so much fun! Isn't it refreshing to see what children see?