Monday, June 22, 2009

Crisis Averted

My grandma picked my daughter up from VBS today because I had a doctor's appointment for my son. When we got back I asked my daughter if she had fun. She started to tell me about all the things they had done and then wanted to show me an art project she had done that was apparently kept in this folder she had made. She was so excited, explaining the story behind the project, until she pulled it out and realized she had been sent home with the wrong project. Her face fell and she was so upset. In fact she kept repeating that, "Oh, mom I am just so upset. This is not my project. Oh, I am just so upset." I felt horrible.

I kept asking to make sure that it wasn't hers. (I should know better. This child remember everything....in detail.) It definitely wasn't. She told me how she colored hers, what colors she used, and was adamant that this was not the right project.

So, I spent the next 20 minutes, remaking the necessary materials in order for my daughter to recreate her project. Let's just say that I am not the most artistic person in the world. However, I will admit that it ended up coming out looking pretty darn close to the original. We sat down and redid the project the way she said she did initially and all was right with the world again.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

That's what Moms are for, setting everything right with the world!