Friday, June 26, 2009

Revolutionary Road

I watched Revolutionary Road tonight. We've had it in our possession for some time (via Netflix) and tonight I finally sat down to watch it. I had heard great things about it and I like Kate Winslet. We just saw The Reader and thought she was wonderful in that. And while Winslet was great again in this movie, as was DiCaprio, it was not at all what I expected based on previews I had seen and reviews I had read.....or even based on the DVD sleeve description.

While it was a good movie, it was tragically sad, depressing, and really upsetting. The marriage dynamic, the cheating, and the abortion and subsequent consequences were very bothersome. I think had I known what the movie was really about I would have chosen not to watch it.

Have you seen this movie? What did you think, if so?

No comments: