Sunday, June 21, 2009

A Moment in Time.....Freeze It.

If my daughter's love affair with VBS is any indication then she will love preschool. Honestly, I am thrilled that she enjoyed it and I am sending her to VBS at our church this week, but I missed having her home during the mornings. It was nice to have that time to spend with my son and considering this past week he was so sick it gave me plenty of time to give him undivided attention, but it felt like something, more specifically someone, was missing.

In truth, she would probably be thrilled had I signed her up for preschool five days a week, but this past week solidified that just two times a week is probably all I will be okay with for now. She'll be in school for at least the next thirteen years of her life; I just don't want to rush it. I wish I could freeze her at this age and just keep her home with me.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I loved having my children home too when they were so young. From someone who's been there, you've made the right decision. She's so young still, and time spent with you is an investment ... Enjoy!