Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Summer Time

It is no secret that I much prefer the winter months to the harsh Arizona summers. However, as summer has officially begun I have started realizing that there are parts of the summer I actually really enjoy. I love the sound of feet on the pool deck, the sound of water splashing as kids play in the pool, and the smell of chlorine that permeates the skin after a day at the pool. I love that fresh fruit can be found everywhere. There is nothing better than eating fresh peaches with the juice dripping down your arm. Or sitting on the porch eating watermelon with your kids. Our fruit bowl is currently overflowing with all types of fresh fruit.
I guess if I can tolerate the triple digit temperatures for the next handful of months then I will realize there is plenty to be happy about this summer.

3 comments:

Robyn said...

Triple digits -- eeeek!!! And, I don't care if it's a "dry" heat -- eeeek!!!!

Moxymama said...

Yeah, the heat about kills me and I have lived here most of my life. A "cool" day during the summer months is low 100's. It is not unusual to be around 115 degrees.

Joanne said...

Triple digits? Wow, you're brave. I can't even imagine the thermometer reaching that high. Stay cool these months, and yes, the fresh fruits do make summer a nice time of year. Here in CT, the strawberries are just coming ripe, probably the first thing locally, then before you know it, the farmstands are overflowing with good stuff.