Sunday, March 29, 2009

The Cockroach

We went to dinner. In our haste we grabbed a pair of our son's shoes that we had left in the garage and put them on his feet sans socks. We get to the restaurant and are sitting in the booth. Our son starts whining about his shoes. He keeps saying they hurt and he needs them off. My husband repeatedly tells him he has to keep his shoes on in the restaurant. Our son continues to fuss about his shoes. My husband finally takes his shoe off and out crawls, up my husband's hand, the most gigantic cockroach I have ever seen in my life. Serious gross out!

Living in Arizona I am just extremely thankful it was a cockroach and not a scorpion!

5 comments:

Joanne said...

Oh my gosh!! Your poor son has been through the wringer these past few days! I hope his foot is okay. Do you really encounter scorpions too? How do you handle them?

Moxymama said...

Yeah, he was fine. Fortunately cockroaches are pretty harmless. We actually encounter quite a few scorpions each year. A few years back I left my shoes on the back porch and one had managed to sneak its way in. We are usually really good about shaking shoes out if left outside, but my husband just forgot last night. As far as encounters go...if they are just out and about we simply steer clear. If they are in our house we step on them, smash them, etc. It's been about a year now since we've seen one and my husband sprays often. Those and rattle snakes are the two big dangers...oh, and the bobcats that venture down from the mountains. :)

Mark said...

That is terribly disgusting! But yes, better then scorpions. We heard horror stories of people being stung by them in Belize and we lived in fear of them until we actually saw one (in our cabana tub) and realized it was actually that scary.

Johnson and Johnson said...

Oh my... how awful!!! Always shake out the shoes when they are outside or in the garage. Yucky!!! Thankfully it wasn't something worse... even though that is still pretty bad!!

Moxymama said...

Mark, hopefully you were not in the tub when you spotted the scorpion. I would have died.
J and J, believe me we will never ever forget to shake the shoes out again...ever!