Tuesday, March 3, 2009

And Yet Another Example of Why I Need To Watch What I Say

Tonight I was reading (or more appropriately singing) Puff the Magic Dragon to my kids. My daughter makes the comment that the dragon doesn't have any teeth so he must be a nice dragon. She then says, "Does the dragon not have any teeth like that lady at my preschool doesn't have any teeth?" Oops!

Yesterday, after I enrolled my daughter I told my husband (apparently within earshot of my daughter) that one particular woman enrolling her son was not very friendly and when she finally did join in the conversation with me and some of the other women I noticed she was missing more teeth than she possessed.

Lest I want to be publicly embarrassed by my 3 1/2 year old repeating private observations and remarks I might want to a)keep these thoughts to myself or b)make sure my human recording device isn't anywhere in the vicinity when I am sharing these observations.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

It's amazing how tuned in to us the little ones are. Even when they seemed engrossed in play, there's always an ear tuned to Mom. I'd say a human recording device is an apt description.