Friday, November 21, 2008

Time for a Time-Out

You ever have those days where they just simply can't be over fast enough? Today was one of those days. It was long and frustrating and busy. I'll spare you the specifics but I will say that I am glad the day is almost over. It just seemed like nothing went right.

Oh, yeah and it was my husband's birthday. He was busy most of the morning with meetings (what a fun way to spend a birthday) but was fortunately home early and we presented him with his gifts and the cupcakes my daughter and I baked for him last night.

So after a day like today where I feel like I've been hit by a truck, run over and then backed over I was looking forward to just being lazy tomorrow. My husband has to work but I figured the kids and I could stay in our pajamas until noon and just hang out. Then I realized I am supposed to cover 3 events tomorrow all back to back to back, which means I'll be driving all over the city from 8 am until close to 2 pm with two kids in tow. Good times. So much for my lazy Saturday.

In the realm of things it is really not that big of a deal. Everyone is overextended and exhausted these days. I'm just tired, though. Physically, mentally, and any other way it is possible to be utterly exhausted. I need a break and the reality is that I never get one and I envision that only getting worse with various personal and professional demands and committments my husband and I have both made for the upcoming year.

So, now that my pity party has come to a conclusion, tell me what is on your agenda for the weekend?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Thanksgiving Food shopping Saturday, Christmas shopping Sunday! Yikes, the Season is upon us!