Friday, November 7, 2008

Nemo and MacIntosh

We bought the kids a beta fish about a year or so ago. Everytime one would die we would just replace it with a new one before she noticed. Then my father built this pond in his backyard, complete with fish..gigantic gold ones. My daughter is obsessed. She feeds them, talks to them, test the ph of the water, etc. So, when our third beta died she said she wanted a gold and black fish "like grandpa." We honored the request and those two lasted quite a while. When my husband killed them (yes, he killed them...not intentionally but the result was the same) she didn't seem to notice. So, we gladly thought we were done with fish. Here we are a few months later and she has remembered that she once had fish. She asked me today why I made the fish leave our house. Uhhh.....

So, back to Petsmart we went and home we came with two goldfish. One is white and gold, the other black and gold. She has named them Nemo and MacIntosh. Where she came up with Nemo is very clear, but I have no idea where MacIntosh came from, but she is insistant that that is his name. So, Nemo and MacIntosh it is.

2 comments:

Nancy said...

Fish were the only thing we were allowed to own (odd considering my mother had a gazillion cats growing up, or maybe that's the reason why...)SO we had 3 fan tailed fish - Simon, Garfunkel and Cecelia (yeah, we liked music). One lived for about 7 years and my mother actually brought it back to life with a heart massage! We, could have cared less. Kind of like me and our cat (I care, no one else does)

Emerald said...

I had two goldfish when I was a child. They died and I saw my dad flush them down the toilet. I was broken hearted to see such a fate. Fishless forever. I love the names your daughter picked out.