Wednesday, November 5, 2008

A Feminist in the Making

About 8 to 10 months ago I took my two children to a Hillary Clinton rally. My daughter had a great time chanting, "Hillary, Hillary" at every available opportunity and still, this many months later, she talks about Hillary like they are old friends. So, today she saw Barak Obama on the news and I asked her if she knew who that was. Here is the conversation that followed.
Her: "That's Barak OMama."
Me: "That's right. He's going to be our new President."
Her: "I'm not going to like him."
Me: "Mommy and Daddy like him. You might like him too."
Her: "I like the girl better."
Me: "What girl?" (I'm thinking 'oh please don't let her say Palin')
Her: "Hillary. I like Hillary better than Barak OMama"
Me: "Well, you can like Hillary better if you want."
Her: Runs through the house with her fist in the air chanting, "Hillary, Hillary."

4 comments:

Robyn said...

Good for her!! I like a woman with an opinion!

I saw Hillary speak back when I was in law school and she was FANTASTIC. I don't think her charisma translates over the television like Obama's does.

Joanne said...

I liked Hillary too. You're daughter's all right!

Michelle Smiles said...

I like Hillary better too. But I'm good with Obama too.

I failed a french class in college in order to attend a rally I had helped organize for Hillary back when she was the wife of the candidate instead of the candidate. I liked her then too.

Emerald said...

I have been to a Hillary rally and she is an awesome speaker. Way to go, daughter.