Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Return

I taught high school English for 5 years before becoming a mom. I never had a problem speaking in front of a class; in fact, I was quite comfortable doing so. One thing I used to hate though was teaching to my peers during professional development classes. It made me nervous and it truly couldn't end fast enough.

Tomorrow I return to a classroom for the first time in almost four years. It's to teach a mock LSAT prep class....in front of other teachers. My peers. Teaching an actual prep class to actual students wouldn't cause me to lose a moment's sleep, but knowing that my "students" tomorrow will be other instructors, some much more experienced than myself, is a bit nerve racking.

So at noon MST tomorrow if you'd be so kind as to please send positive vibes my way and hope for my sake that I don't choke, sweat profusely, turn splotchy red (which I have a tendancy to do when nervous or embarassed), or otherwise flat out embarass myself, I'd be greatly appreciative.

5 comments:

Nancy said...

Good luck! I will send out positive energy but you will do great. Just speak slowly and look people in the eye and you'll do great.

Joanne said...

Good vibes from CT too! You'll do great, and we want a full report upon your return!

Moxymama said...

Well, thanks for your kind thoughts. All went well and it was like riding a bike..you never really forget how to do it. In some ways it was nice to be back in a classroom again. Something familiar.

Joanne said...

Yay! There's a comfort in familiarity. Glad it went well.

Emerald said...

So happy that it went well for you!