Monday, May 25, 2009

In Need of A Nap

My husband was home for three straight days over the weekend. This rarely happens. Many things became evident during the course of these 72 hours.

One is how many things I was able to get done. Just having someone else entertain the kids for a while opens up a whole new world. I finished a handful of articles I had been working on and got one major piece done and sent off to the editor five entire days ahead of schedule. I was able to finish, fold, and put away all the laundry which admittedly I have been slacking on lately. I was also able to run some errands sans kids.

The second observation I made was how much easier everything becomes with two parents. I have just learned how to do most daily (and nightly most of the time) things on my own with the kids because that is the way it is. Having someone else help me was heaven and took us half the time to do it.

The third thing I noticed was how it seemed that we had so much more time. I normally feel like I hardly have any time to do anything, maybe because I am trying to do everything. This weekend we were able to do so much. We are probably getting a new car this week so we went to look at it Saturday. We also did some yard work so guests no longer have to walk through the jungle that was our tree trying to get to our front door.

Sunday we went to church, out for lunch, and then had some friends come over. They just started a spice and marinade business and got picked up by most of the major grocery stores so they brought over a ton of stuff for us to try before it hits the shelves late next month. Then Monday we went to an outdoor mall, had a picnic, and spent the afternoon at home relaxing. It would be nice if we had more of these three day weekends.

So, how was your weekend and what did you spend it doing?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Sounds like you had a great weekend, kudos to you on getting some writing done! I spent the weekend at home with my family, getting the gardens planted - tomatoes, zucchini, peppers, and today the zinnia patch outside the kitchen window so that by midsummer we'll see beautiful tall flowers and yellow finches when we're working at the sink. Saturday and Sunday were overcast, but today was a beautiful sunny day, low 80s, just perfect. Have a great week, good luck with the car!