Saturday, May 16, 2009

Good Family Fun

Saturday was crazy busy. My daughter had a two hour practice for her dance recital which led almost right into the start of her actual recital. We had about an hour to get her dolled up and ready to dance. I was one of the parent volunteers who agreed to remain backstage and help get the girls in line, on stage, in and out of costumes, etc. After the rehearsal I have to admit I was a little bit nervous because it was chaos. However, the actual show went off without a hitch. The girls were fantastic and we had such a great time. After the show my husband and I took the kids out to dinner at a new steak house in town. They had live music in the bar area. On our way out we stopped in and our daughter took off dancing, much to the delight of the patrons. They were clapping for her and cheering her on. It was pretty hysterical. It was a terrific evening.


My husband and daughter dancing

Our little ballerina (far right) during her recital.

Our daughter dancing in the bar....yes, we let our kid dance in a bar.

Needless to say, after such a long exhausting day, Sunday will be spent relaxing at home, maybe enjoying a few margaritas and running a couple of errands....not simultaneously of course.






2 comments:

Nancy said...

Adults love when kids dance -- I think because it's what we'd love to do but are afraid to embarrass ourselves!
I'd glad the show went off without a hitch.

Moxymama said...

That's probably true. You couldn't pay me enough to stand in front of an audience and dance. :)