Thursday, May 7, 2009

Drive Thru Pizza

We don't eat out much and when we do we try to avoid places with a drive-thru. However, about once a month we order pizza. There are a couple places like Dominoes and Pizza Hut that deliver to our house, but the "good" stuff either doesn't deliver at all or doesn't deliver in our area. Which means I am usually toting the kids in and out of the car to pick up pizza. Frankly, it's a pain to load them up, unload them, then try to carry the pizzas and the kids back through the parking lot and into the car. It's a lot of work for pizza.

Which brings me to an idea. Why don't pizza places have a drive thru? Obviously, I understand the time involved in making a pizza, but what about a pick up window for orders already placed? For example I call and place an order. They tell me it will be ready in 20 minutes. Then instead of having to drag everyone inside to simply pick it up I could cruise through the drive thru to get it, never having to leave my car or unload the kids. This could soooo work.

Why hasn't anyone thought of this? Or have they?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Great idea, what I'm seeing here is a charming article for your local paper, a little whimsical, a little motherly. An op-ed or local commentary maybe?