Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Why CPS May Visit My Home

My husband and I dubbed this past weekend Margarita Madness and as such enjoyed a couple of homemade margaritas on Sunday afternoon. To include the kids I simply blended lemonade with ice and put them in fancy glasses and told them they, too, were drinking margaritas. I maybe should have thought that one out a bit more.

Today, when picking the kids up from the child watch section of the gym, I told them we needed to run by the store to get some more lemonade. My daughter loudly and excitedly exclaimed, "Yeah, lemonade. I want you to make me a margarita when we get home. Margarita, Margarita, Margarita." Needless to say it resulted in a few raised eyebrows from the staff.

I felt like if I tried to explain they would be like, "Oh, yeah, sure" and I felt like if I didn't they'd think I was some deadbeat giving my kids alcohol. I guess the lesson to be learned is that I need to come up with some more socially appropriate terms for the drinks I make my kids at home.

2 comments:

Robyn said...

LOL - that was a good one!

Joanne said...

You've got a regular Happy Hour going on over there!