Monday, May 26, 2008

What I'm Up To

WHAT I'M READING: The World Without Us. I'm not too far in, but the book is extremely interesting. It's fascinating to see what would happen to our earth if suddenly humankind ceased to exist. While initially there would be much destruction without anyone to maintain all manmade creations, eventually it appears our world would go back to how it used to be and function just fine without us.

WHAT I'M LISTENING TO: Sarah McLachlan: Rarities: B Sides and Other Stuff Volume 2 It's a really good CD. I love her duet with Cindi Lauper on "Time after Time". She also does a cover of Joni Mitchell's "River". Another favorite is "Pills" performed with the Perishers. I'm also listening to the new self-titled 3 Doors Down CD. I'm undecided currently on this CD. I really loved their debut CD and still listen to it. Their subsequent stuff I have not been as impressed with. I need a few more listens of this CD to really formulate an opinion, but gut impression is that it is just okay.

WHAT I'M WATCHING: My husband and I watched Gone Baby, Gone the other night....finally. We liked it. It moved really well and didn't seem like a 2 hour movie. It was a movie that really made us think and feel. Days after seeing it I am still thinking about it. It is one of those movies where you can relate to multiple characters in the film and at least for me I am really bothered by parts of it (in a good way). We tried to watch I'm Not There. We watched about 40 minutes of it before giving up. It was just all over the place and not really that interesting. We also watched Across the Universe. The movie isn't earth shattering or anything, but some of the versions of the Beatles songs that are covered are beautiful. I'd imagine the soundtrack is pretty good. Overall, a decent watch.

WHAT I WANT TO READ: The Revolution: A Manifesto by Ron Paul. I admittedly do not know much about Ron Paul, but he seems really interesting.

WHAT I WANT TO LISTEN TO: "Turbo Ocho" by Roger Clyne and the Peacemakers and "Snack Time" by Barenaked Ladies. Both have been shipped so hopefully I'll get them this week. I ordered "Snack Time" for our children, but I'm just as excited to ehar it. Our children LOVE music. Our daughter is into all kinds (She loves Jimmy Buffett, the Beatles, Matchbox 20, and Tegan and Sara especially) but not the standard kiddie pop. She loves "real" music, which we are glad about so I am more than happy to expose her to a wide range of music. I figured this is the closest thing to "kiddie" music that she'll listen to.

WHAT I WANT TO WATCH: Weeds Season 3. It comes out on video next week so I can't wait for Netflix to ship those bad boys out.

No comments: