Thursday, May 15, 2008

How Things Change...

So, after the birth of our daughter I was really into scrapbooking. I made a scrapbook for her, chronicling her first year of life and all the cool events she experienced. I also made a scrap book of her immediate and extended family that will be a nice keepsake when she is older. Around the time of her first birthday I bought a Care Bear scrapbook (since that was the theme of her first birthday) and had intended to compose a scrapbook of her party. That last one never happened. All the photos, scrapbook pages, and book are still sitting untouched in her closet.

Our son is about to turn one and I feel this sense of obligation to create a scrapbook for him as well, documenting his first year of life. I really do not feel like putting in the work or effort to do this, but I also know that if I don't it will be used for the subsequent decades in the argument of why I supposedly love our daughter more. So today I headed off to the scrapbooking store and bought all the necessary supplies. I poured through all the pictures I have taken of our son since birth and reordered the ones I want to include in his scrapbook. I'm not looking forward to this one iwth the same level of joy and excitement I had when making my daughters, but I know when I am finished I will be glad I did it, if only to be able to look back at how much our son has grown in such a short period of time. And maybe when I'm done with his I'll have the desire to finally put together my daughter's Care Bear book. Fingers crossed!

No comments: