Saturday, May 3, 2008

Stupid Conversation 1

I went to Crate and Barrel last night to buy a glass water jug. There was only the display left, but the girl told me it was fine to take. So she starts to ring me up when another employee who has nothing to do with my purchase comes over and tells my cashier that she better check with management to make sure it is okay to sell it to me. I don't know what it is about me, but lately I've been the "victim" of more bittinskies than you'd believe....almost always at a cashier's station. The conversation proceeded as follows:

Buttinsky: We might not be able to sell you that because it's our last one and we need it for the display.
Me: You mean to tell me that you currently have the product I want to buy but you might not sell it to me?
Butt: Yes, it's our last one.
Me: Surely you'll get more.
Butt: Yeah, but we need to keep one.

As I began to explain how stupid she sounded my cashier returned and informed me we were good to go; I could get the pitcher. All is right with the world.

No comments: