Thursday, January 29, 2009

Down Will Come Baby

My son was sitting out on the porch with his great-grandmother yesterday. She went inside to grab a phone, leaving him there. He fell off hitting his head pretty hard on the concrete. Long story short, minus a big bump and a bruise he is okay. My grandmother felt horrible and said something to the effect of, "I don't know what I was thinking leaving him. I should have never done that."

Fast forward hours later when my husband gets home from work. My daughter proceeds to tell him about her brother falling off the swing. She then shrugs her shoulders, puts her hands palms up by her side and in a high pitched voice mimicking my grandmother and shaking her head back and forth says, "I just don't know what I was thinking. I should not have left him out there. I just don't know what I was thinking at all." I don't think I have laughed that hard in a while.

She was spot on with her impression of my grandmother.

No comments: