Monday, June 23, 2008

Random Thoughts from a Tired Housewife

* Why does going on vacation require another "vacation" to recover from the initial vacation?

* Why does it seem like customer service is a thing of the past?

* How comes it seems that the "world" and the people that inhabit said world have drastically deteriorated in the past few years?

* My father shops at Costco at least once a week. Everything the man purchases is from Costco. Today my kids were playing in my daughter's kitchen. She informs my husband that she went shopping to get food. Husband asked where she went shopping. Daughter replies, "I went to Costco. I get all my food at Costco. Grandpa would be so proud." Very true, he would!

* Our son bumps his head more times during the course of the day than I ever thought possible. How this poor kid does not have brain damage is beyond me. He currently has a huge lump on his forehead from falling on the pool deck, a cut under one eye from being hit (on accident) by his sister swinging a huge, hard plastic vaccuum, a bruise under the other eye from cracking it on the corner of a table, and a bruise on his cheek from falling on the porch. People are going to start thinking he is abused.

* I wish I could get some sleep on a regular basis. I can't remember the last time I got to sleep more than 2 hours in a row, entirely uninterrupted. It was over 3 years ago. Some couples are blessed with kids who sleep through the night. We are not one of those couples, unfortunately. On that note, I'm going to bed!

No comments: