Friday, June 20, 2008

Priceline is my friend

Priceline.com is my new favorite website. I have been using it for about 3 months now and have had nothing but great deals and positive experiences. In March we needed to go to Phoenix, so I pricelined and got a hotel for 80 bucks a night. It wasn't a resort, but it was much nicer than just the standard hotel. The room had two separate areas, separated by a door, one for sleeping and the other a living room with kitchenette. Two months later we went to San Diego. Again I pricelined the hotel and we ended up in a 5 star beach front resort for $90 a night when the room rates at that time were $350 a night. Smokin' deal. This weekend we're spending two nights in town. For the first night we got a 4 star resort for $60 dollars a night. That is unheard of. The second night (long story as to why we are changing hotels; purchased through Hotwire.com) we got a 4 start resort (nicer than the first one) for $69 a night. There are two room types; we're not sure which we'll get, but the "small" room is over 800 square feet. That is bigger than my first 6 apartments. I don't know if I'll ever be able to travel any other way. I'm becoming spoiled. Obviously there is the element of surprise, which potentially may not be such a nice surprise, since you don't get to find out what hotel accepted your offer until AFTER you pay (non-refundable). However, so far it has been worth the risk. We have stayed at some really luxurious hotels and resorts for less money than the local Motel 6 would cost.

No comments: