Tuesday, June 17, 2008

I'll Save You

My son is exhausting. He is in constant motion all day long and at 27 pounds it is no easy task to carry him, lift him, manuever him around throughout the day. Frankly, he could quite possibly kill me if I don't die of exhaustion first. So, yesterday after being alone with the children for 14 straight hours, only 1 of those during which the children slept, I told my husband, "Please take your son. He seriously is going to send me to an early grave." My daughter looked at me earnestly and with all the compassion in the world said, "Mommy, I"ll save you." It was the sweetest thing. I don't even know if she knows what sending me to a grave means; I doubt it, but she obviously sensed some distress in my tone and wanted to rescue me from that. Melts my heart.

No comments: