Thursday, June 19, 2008

Free Press

So, since I've started blogging I often feel torn about what issues to address and how much of my personal opinions should I reveal. There's that feeling that if I "tell it like it is" I risk offending the masses or sometimes even friends and family who read, however if I don't "tell it like it is" then I'm kind of defeating the purpose of this blog. Isn't the purpose to reveal a part of me? Why hold back in a forum that is supposed to be an outlet for me? An outlet that is a written representation of what I think, feel, believe and experience. How fake would I be if I could not be honest and transparent in a blog set up for the purpose of sharing ME, warts and all. I know some of my posts are controversial and I know at times those posts will offend even my closest of friends, not by any direct intention, but rather a result of differing views.
I guess part of writing in any forum is to get a reaction. If people respond and react passionately to what I have written, whether it be positively or negatively, then I know I am doing my "job." It is when people have no response whatsoever to my writing that I should worry.

No comments: