Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Long Day

Yesterday was one of those days where I wondered why God was so insistent on punishing me. I ran my prior week's actions through my head like a movie reel trying to figure out my biggest transgression. The transgression I was now paying dearly for.

My ten-month-old son cried ALL DAY LONG about EVERYTHING. Just constant whining, and crying. My daughter picked on him all day long...just a constant lecture on what he can and can't do, what he can and can't touch, where he can and can't go, blah, blah, blah. She then proceeded to cry on and off for the next 5 hours. I thought I was going to come unglued. I’m pretty calm and even-keeled and I think I do a pretty good job of not reacting or adding fuel to an already lit fire. It took every ounce of strength I had left and every bit of self-restraint I possess to not scream like a crazy lady and run from my house yelling, "Save yourselves."

Why does it seem that when things go wrong they really go wrong? One kid just can’t have a bad day. Both have to have the same bad day. Today seems to be starting out the same way. There's very little that can be done to right the Grumpy Train once it gets moving in the wrong direction. No amount of redirection, changing the subject, etc. really matters. We just have to wait it out and hope that we all survive and hopefully start tomorrow off on a better note. Here's praying for tomorrow....

No comments: