Wednesday, January 13, 2010

Why I Love Being a Mom: Reason 44,538

This morning we woke up to a rare chilly and overcast day. With our plans to the park delayed for today I asked the kids what they wanted to do. After a bit of discussion we somehow settled on my son "doing my hair" which consists of him pretty much running his fingers through it and then piling it all on top of my head while occasionally asking, "You like it?" with his voice going an octave higher on the word "like." Then for my "entertainment" my daughter has decided to perform an opera for me. So, here she is wrapped in a blanket, as her gown, holding one of those little New Testament Bibles that missionaries hand out, pretending that is her music while she warbles and makes up unintelligible words for her opera. Pretty much like the real thing.

1 comment:

Joanne said...

Oh those are the sweetest times, for sure. Cherish them!