Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Guilty Pleasures

When Nip/Tuck first premiered we were living in a different city, where we actually paid for cable. I was addicted to the show. Then we moved and I haven't watched an episode or really even thought about it since. Until I caught an episode (I think they are now into season 6) accidentally the other night (we now have cable). Despite being crude and at times a host of other derogatory terms I found myself wanting to get caught up.

So, I reserved them all through Netflix and have started watching again from Season 1. The show is like a train wreck. There are parts where I think, "This is so wrong, how can I watch this." Yet I can't turn away or shut the show off. I watch a few shows like that, where I find the people reprehensible yet also vulnerable and tragic.

Anyway, there's no real "lesson" other than I suppose I love TV shows where the characters are hard to love (Entourage, Dexter, Weeds, etc.)

What are some of your guilty viewing pleasures?

1 comment:

Joanne said...

I'm really not much of a tv watcher. So there's nothing I really tune in for from week to week. I'll be sad to see Leno lose his 10:00 spot, though. I prefer that type of talk show to most of the dramas at that hour.